Travelling // upcoming plans


At the Herkules monument in Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe in Kassel, Germany 
(29th October 2010).

I LOVE travelling. The world is vast and diverse, and every single place is unique, with its own individual culture and landscape. Don't get me wrong, Australia is a beautiful country and I love living here, but there's just something about hopping on a plane and exploring new, exciting places. The grass is always greener, you know?

I've been fortunate enough to travel overseas a few times in my life. When I was 15, I participated in a school exchange program to Germany. I lived with a host family and attended school in Kassel for six weeks, before travelling to Berlin, Munich, and Dresden, among other places, on an eleven-day bus tour. At the end of this incredible trip, I spent two weeks in the UK with my family, staying in London, Oxford, and the Lakes District.

Stonehenge (16th November 2014).
Then, in my second year of university, I returned to the UK, participating in an exchange to The University of Nottingham. I studied there for a semester whilst living in university halls, and made some wonderful friends I still keep in touch with to this day. I spent my weekends exploring the city and making the most of the UK's extensive train network and student travel discounts. I visited Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cornwall, Bath, and Wolverhampton, and spent the Christmas break with my family in London, York, Scarborough, and Lincoln.

Now, in less than a month's time, I'm returning to Europe yet again! I'm going back to Nottingham to catch up with my friends,  and then my Dad and I are travelling together to Dublin, Prague, Vienna, and Budapest. I've booked my flights and organised my accommodation, so I'm ready to go!

I'll be taking lots of photos while I'm away and I can't wait to share my experience with you all when I get back! But in the meantime, I'd love to hear about all the places you've visited on your travels and if you have any recommendations for places I should visit on my upcoming trip, please leave a comment or tweet me!


Niamh, xo.

Comments