I'm back, baby! // life update


Why, hello there! Yes, it has been a while. Over a year, in fact. And where have I been, you may be asking? Well, actually, I've been physically BURIED under my enormous TBR pile. I'm sure you know the feeling.

But now I'm back! 

And 2018 has been such a good reading year for me so far! It turns out that vivisepulture via books is super conducive to increasing one's reading productivity. Who would have thought!

I've been participating in the AusYABloggers Reading Challenge since the beginning of the year and I've really enjoyed picking up some books that I may never have read otherwise! I surpassed my original Goodreads Reading Challenge of 50 books in July and am well on track to meet my updated goal of 80. However, I am yet to reduce my physical TBR to less than 50 books... Somehow it just keeps growing?? I do not understand??*

*I attended the Lifeline Bookfest twice this year and accidentally bought a bunch of books, so yes, I guess that may have been a contributing factor.

In other news, I now possess an Honours Degree in Microbiology (!!!) and am lowkey desperate to find a job so that I can earn real money begin my career. So, um, if anyone happens to know of any positions, hit me up.

But that is all. See, you didn't miss much!

Can you believe that it's now October though?! Like, there are only THREE MONTHS left in 2018?! So, with that in mind, I thought I'd take this opportunity to share a few of the books I really want to read before the end of the year.

- - -

36859561
1. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

- - -

35477920
2. Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser

- - -

33844385
3. Flame in the Mist by RenĂ©e Ahdieh

- - -

37772713
4. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

- - -

23164983     25914821
5. Hollow City and Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

- - -

I'm currently halfway through Children of Blood and Bone and am planning to read Song of the Current this month so hopefully I will get through them all! I'm keen to hear what books are still on your TBR for the remainder of the year or whether you've read any of the books I mentioned, so send me a tweet or let me know in the comments below!


Niamh, xo.

Comments