#Spookathon TBR // readathon


While everyone in the Northern Hemisphere is pulling on their winter knits and drinking pumpkin spice everything, it's spring here in Australia and it's starting to heat up. And as much as I love the warm weather, it unfortunately doesn't really promote those cosy Halloween vibes.

Nevertheless, I don't want to miss out on all the spooky goodness! That's why, this year, I've decided to participate in Spookathon, a week-long readathon created by the delightful and effervescent Lala from BooksandLala and co-hosted by the equally delightful and effervescent Peter (Peter Likes Books) and Shannon (Bookerly).

The readathon runs from midnight on Monday 15th October through til 11:59 pm on Sunday 21st October and consists of five reading challenges, therefore I'll be aiming to read five books - one for each challenge:

16143347
1. Read a thriller - We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

33844385
2. Read a book with purple on the cover - Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh

35611140
3. Read a book not set in the current time period - Invictus by Ryan Graudin

8621462
4. Read a book with a spooky word in the title - A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

23164983
5. Read a book with pictures - Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

All five of these books have been on my TBR for well over a year so I'm looking forward to finally reading them! I'm aware that Flame in the Mist and Invictus aren't thrillers or spooky in any way but shhh! They've been sitting on my shelves for so long! I need to read them!

Will you be participating in Spookathon this year? If so, let me know what you'll be reading in the comments below!


Niamh, xo.

Comments