I read 14 books in October! // #amcurrently


Another month has passed us by and suddenly it's November and there are only 53 days until Christmas. (But who's counting.) I swear it was only June last week?

WHERE HAS THE YEAR GONE???

Regardless of how it happened, October is over. That means it's time to discuss the month that was! Inspired by Cait @ Paper Fury, I've decided to write this wrap-up as an #amcurrently post so that I can gush about all the things I've been loving during the month, not just books!

So, without further ado, let's get into it!

- - -

#amcurrently // reading...


I read 14 books in October! F-O-U-R-T-E-E-N. Which I think is the most I've ever read in a single month?! GO ME! And almost all of them were at least four-star reads!! So it really has been a tip-top reading month for me!

- - -

recently read:

(Covers link to my Goodreads review if it exists!)

23569787       35378234       31364316       33385449       13045888
★★★★☆                              ★★★★☆                              ★★☆                              ★★★★☆                              ★★★★☆


35477920       21882188       15704753       35611140       23164983
★★★★☆                              ★★★☆                              ★★★★☆                              ★★★★☆                              ★★★★☆


23755262       34696801       39903491       16115601
                                               ★★★★★                            ★★☆                            ★★★★☆

- - -

new to the tbr pile:

I only purchased two books in October! YAY RESTRAINT! And The Boneless Mercies came in The YA Chronicles September box so really I only purchased one book?

40499098       39340341

But then a bunch of my library holds all became available in the last week of the month... so guess what I'll be reading in November?!

39674509       39217968       3438

- - -

#amcurrently // watching...


October was all about one show for me. Queer Eye! I am OBSESSED. Early in the month, I binge-watched both seasons in just a few days and I love it so much that now I'm rewatching it all again! I need more!

For some now-unfathomable reason, I avoided watching the show when it first premiered at the beginning of the year even though literally everyone was raving about it. I was mildly curious in June when I heard that they were in Australia to film a mini-episode in the town of Yass, but still I didn't watch it.

WHY, NIAMH?! WHY DID YOU SIT ON THIS PURE DELIGHT OF A SHOW FOR THE BETTER PART OF A YEAR?!

I was hooked after the very first episode. It's honestly so amazing. I love the Fab Five so much and want nothing more than to be BFFs with all of them. UGH THEY'RE SO CUTE.



- - -

#amcurrently // thinking about...


Look, I have thoughts. Lots, sometimes. Not all about books and TV shows.
  • Firstly, how are there only two months left in 2018?!
  • Again, WHERE HAS THE YEAR GONE???
  • Seriously, what have I actually done this year?
  • *cries*
  • But now that it's November, is it socially acceptable for me to put up the Christmas tree and blast Christmas carols 24/7? Y/N?
  • I mean, I've already started Christmas shopping... for myself...
  • Okay, yes. It's books. I've ordered myself books for Christmas.
  • Hey, at least I'm on brand.
  • In other news, we received this first look at Game of Thrones season 8 yesterday and OH MY LORD AM I EXCITED!
Image result for ew game of thrones 
  • But mostly terrified. It's going to be intense. Everyone will probably die. I will probably die.
  • And there's still SO LONG to wait.
- - -

Are you excited/terrified for the final season of Game of Thrones? Or are you as obsessed with Queer Eye as I am?  Let's chat! Leave me a comment and tell me all about what you've been up to (and what you've been reading!) in the month of October!


Niamh, xo.

Comments

  1. Great job with the 14 books for October! I read 12. I know that there will be a lot less in November because I'll be focusing on NaNoWriMo. I talked to my parents earlier today, and they asked what I wanted, and I told them that I'm always buying books on Amazon.com. I would have pre-ordered Kingdom of Ash, but I figured that I'd rather order the new Cassandra Clare book if I could only pre-order one, so there's that. I haven't caught up in either series yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well done to you as well! And good luck with NaNoWriMo! I am SO excited for QoAaD - I've already placed a hold at my library! And I haven't actually read any of the Throne of Glass series yet... oops. (They're at the top of my TBR though!)

      Delete

Post a Comment