Fall Into Fantasy TBR // readathon

Over the past year or two, I've acquired quite a few new release and backlist YA fantasies. Many are the first in a series and because I'm partway through so many other fantasy series, I've been hesitant to pick them up.

However, Penguin Teen recently announced an exciting new event: the Fall Into Fantasy Readathon!  The goal of this readathon is to read at least four fantasy books off your TBR, so it's the perfect incentive for me to finally pick up some of those fantasies that have been languishing on my shelves.

#FallIntoFantasy will take place from November 18th – 25th and its hosts are Hailey @ Hailey in Bookland, Cece @ ProblemsofaBookNerd, Naya @ NayaReadsandSmiles, Emma @ EmmmaBooks, and Monica @ SheMightBeMonica.



- - -

I've chosen a different book for each of the eight reading challenges, although I think all could be fulfilled by just four or five books. (Which is good, because I definitely won't be able to read eight in a single week!)

37772713
1. A new series – The Cruel Prince by Holly Black


Image result for factotum by dm cornish
2. Been on your TBR too long – Factotum by D.M. Cornish


25324111
3. An LGBTQ fantasy – And I Darken by Kiersten White


33844385
4. A diverse fantasy – Flame in the Mist by RenĂ©e Ahdieh


36859561
5. Multiple POVs – Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi


40499098
6. A new fantasy – The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke


30232454
7. A sequel – The Ghostfaces by John Flanagan


25914821
8. Booktube recommended – Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

- - -

There are a few hefty tomes in this list so if I can finish four of them, I'll be super happy! I'll be prioritising The Cruel Prince and Children of Blood and Bone, as I'm reading them as part of the AusYABloggers Reading Challenge (and I've been stuck halfway through CoBaB for MONTHS). I'd also like to read Factotum and Library of Souls so that I can finally say I've completed those trilogies.

Will you be participating in #FallIntoFantasy this month? If so, let me know what books you're planning to read! Do you have any suggestions as to which book(s) I should pick up first?


Niamh, xo.

Comments

  1. I hope you like Library of Souls. It's still on my TBR, but I've heard lots of good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I didn't get around to reading it during the readathon (it was a bit of a fail, actually) but it's high priority for this month! I'm interested to see where the story will go after the events in Hollow City.

      Delete

Post a Comment