my bookish wish list // Top Ten Tuesday


As a devoted enthusiast of all things books, I LOVE bookish items! They're the perfect things to indulge my love of my favourite characters, ships, and series. And they're also a great way to support our fellow bookworms who have turned their love of books into a business.

I've been subscribed to The YA Chronicles, an Australian book subscription service, for two years now and every month I look forward to unboxing the creative, and often exclusive, bookish goodies contained within. In this way, I've been introduced to many incredibly talented artists and designers, some of whom I'm delighted to feature in this post!

So read on to discover the top ten bookish items that I would sell a kidney to own. (And likely would have to because postage to Australia is so damn expensive.)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl with a new topic to respond to every week.

- - -

Image result for paperfury destroy with unicorn glitter mug     Image result for paperfury six impossible things mug     Image result for paperfury six impossible things mug
Destroy With Unicorn Glitter Coffee Mug   |   Six Impossible Things Coffee Mug   |   Currently Procrastinating Coffee Mug

1. A mug – My tea needs a mug and I've been eyeing off these ones designed by Cait @ PaperFury for a while now. But can I pick just one? No, of course not. They're all so pretty!

- - -

Image result for fairyloot reading journal

2. A reading journal – This super unique and also extremely useful reading journal was included in the June FairyLoot box. I'd like one for 2019, please.

- - -

image 0          
Tea & Books Enamel Pin   |   Blue & Silver Unicorn Enamel Pin   |   Book Lover Enamel Pin

3. Metal pins – I already own two pins designed by Chami @ IsThatChami but I'm so in love with her creations! I WANT THEM ALL. But particularly these three.

- - -

Image result for Book Sleeve - Wizards Map with Closure

4. A book sleeve – Everyone needs something to protect their books when they're out and about and what could be better than this Marauder's Map book sleeve?! (Nothing. The answer is nothing.)

- - -

image 0     image 0     image 0
Cheshire Cat 4oz Soy Candle   |   Katniss Everdeen 4oz Soy Candle   |   House Targaryen 4oz Soy Candle

5. Candles – I don't burn candles very often (flame plus books sounds like danger to me) but they look great on my shelves! These beautiful ones from Faerie Tales Candles feature unique wax melts! I have their Strange the Dreamer-inspired candle, "Dream Catcher", and it smells divine!

- - -

Image result for fairy loot wax seal

6. A wax seal – Another unique item courtesy of FairyLoot, this Pirate Wax Seal was included in the August box. Just think about it, how awesome would it be to have your very own wax seal?!

- - -

Image result for Stories Carry-All Pouch stella bookish art     Image result for Harry pattern Carry-All Pouch laura frere     Image result for evie seo society6 carry all pouches alice
Stories Are Wild Creatures by Stella Bookish Art   |   Harry Pattern by Laura Frere   |   Alice in Wonderland - I Was A Different Person Then by Evie Seo

7. Carry-all pouches – You can never have too many pouches! They're ideal for storing all those little things that get lost in your bag – stationery supplies, make-up, toiletries, electronics... And these designs are simply stunning!

- - -

Image result for ravenclaw cloth patch harry potter shop
Ravenclaw Crest Embroidered Patch

8. Embroidered patches – Displaying this embroidered patch on a denim jacket or a tote bag would be an excellent way to shout my Ravenclaw pride for the world to hear (or rather, see).

- - -

Image result for ink & wonder wit woodmark          Image result for ink & wonder woodmark those who wander
Wit Woodmark   |   As Old As Time Woodmark   |   Those Who Wander Woodmark

9. Woodmarks – A woodmark is just that little bit more luxurious (and more durable) than your average paper or cardboard bookmark. And these designs by Ink & Wonder are absolutely gorgeous!

- - -

Image result for when in doubt go to the library sweatshirt
When In Doubt Go To The Library Unisex Sweatshirt by Out of Print

10. A jumper – I'm a sucker for a soft, cosy jumper and I'd wear this Hermione Granger-inspired sweatshirt all day every day! Nevermind the fact that as I'm writing this it's currently 33°C... (That's 91°F for all you Americans out there.)

- - -

Well. This post was a TERRIBLE idea. I spent hours deep-diving through the black hole that is Etsy and now I have to resist spending all of my hard-earned dollars on these amazing bookish items! It seems that I simply cannot look past anything Alice in Wonderland or Harry Potter-related! 

What bookish goodies are on your wish list? Do you collect items related to any particular fandoms? Let me know in the comments below and feel free to share your TTT post as well! 


Niamh, xo.

Comments

  1. What a cute collection Niamh! :-) I love the book sleeve. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissi! The book sleeve might actually be my favourite item on the whole list!

      Delete
  2. Such a wonderful list! All of the items you featured here are just adorable. Especially that teacup pin. I don't collect a lot of bookish items, except for kitten bookmarks.

    Here's my TTT: https://dinaratengri.com/2018/11/great-books-i-never-reviewed/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a weakness for pins. (I actually went and ordered one after writing this list, oops!) Kittens are the cutest, what a perfect collection!

      Delete
  3. If only I didn't always lose my bookmarks as soon as I finish a book, the woodmarks would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're almost too pretty to use! I'm always terrified I'll sit on it and break it!

      Delete
  4. I love bookish candles - there are so many awesome ones out there now! And I cqn never have enough mugs lol- I like Cait's designs. Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are! But all the candles sound so amazing that I can never choose which ones I actually want to get! And mugs are honestly the perfect bookish item to collect because they're so useful!

      Delete
  5. I think I read there'll be a reading journal in December's FairyLoot! Just saying, haha! I've been on the look-out for a reading journal myself, so I'm hoping it's one I'm going to like.

    Yesss to the pins! I don't own a lot yet, only ones I got in sub boxes, but I'd like to a whole bunch of them, pin them on some gorgeous fabric and then use it as wall art? Something like that?

    One other thing I discovered (seriously, this TTT topic is dangerous), are bookish throw blankets! There are SUCH PRETTY ones out there. So.. I get you on disappearing into the Etsy-void.. :')

    Here's my TTT should you be interested. :D
    https://booksandmunches.com/2018/11/13/ttt-13112018/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's really tempting! Why does international shipping have to be so expensive though :( A wall of pins sounds amazing! :O Oh my gosh, bookish throw blankets?! Now I'm going to have to go looking for them!!

      Delete
  6. Those mugs are gorgeous! Also, I love the pins! My younger girl is addicted to pins for her backpack, so I'm constantly finding and buying them for her.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I'm in constant awe of the art that some people are able to create! I used to have pins on my backpack as well! They're such a unique way of expressing yourself.

      Delete
  7. I want all these things!! <3 Haha I think OwlCrate is going to be including a wax seal in their November box and I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! I think I heard that somewhere too? I hope that's the case and that you like it!

      Delete
  8. My grandparents gave me some woodmarks when I was a kid, but of course I lost them all. They were really pretty and smelled nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's so unfortunate :( They do have such a nice, woody scent. Maybe you can get some more one day :)

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh! I need that Tea & Books Enamel Pin!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica! I know, right?! Honestly, I need ALL of Chami's pins!

      Delete

Post a Comment