where did november go? // #amcurrently


Um, did I blink and miss November? Or maybe I took a nap one day and woke up a whole month later? Seriously, where did this month (and the rest of this year!) go?!

The first two weeks of November were super busy for me: I was in charge of planning and organising a two-night camp for the Girl Guide unit that I run. This was the first time I've ever done anything like this and it was all just a little bit stressful. And A LOT of work! But, thankfully, everything went really well (minus a small hiccup involving a possum and a fuse box) and it ended up being a great weekend! Although, I was completely exhausted by the end of it!

The last two weeks have been a little more relaxing. In the lead up to the holiday season, I've been catching up with friends and also starting to prepare a few things for Christmas. It's never too early to start brainstorming gift ideas, after all! But I've also been allowing plenty of time for myself – keeping up with my reading, obviously, and getting reacquainted with the PS4... 

- - -

#amcurrently // reading...


While I didn't read quite as many books in November as I did in October, it was still an excellent reading month for me! I really enjoyed every single book I read this month, which is amazing! Two were rereads (Slaves of Socorro and Scorpion Mountain) and three were actually 2018 releases!

Look at me, pretending to be a good book blogger and trying desperately to keep up with recent releases.

- - -

recently read:

(Covers link to my Goodreads review if it exists!)

27209701       31363336       22021387       39674509       23235680
★★★★☆                                ★★★★☆                                ★★★★☆                              ★★★                              ★★★★☆

39217968       37772713       38143401     30232454
 ★★★★☆                             ★★★                              ★★★                             ★★★

- - -

new to the tbr pile:

So after hauling only two books in October, I may have gone a little bit crazy this month...

Archenemies was a preorder and The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy was included in The YA Chronicles October box, along with a printed and bound copy of The Gentleman's Guide to Getting Lucky novella.

26077971       40653215       40221509       https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40742905-the-gentleman-s-guide-to-getting-lucky       41086595

I also acquired One of Us is Lying from a friend who was unhauling some books, and was lucky enough to win the first three books in the Tales of a New World series by P. C. Cast! Many thanks to Pan Macmillan Australia and Sarah @ The Adventures of SacaKat for hosting the giveaway! I'm looking forward to picking these up sometime in the near future (hopefully)!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32887579-one-of-us-is-lying       32184253       35890206       41086599

- - -

#amcurrently // playing...




So, um, as I mentioned earlier, I've been giving the PS4 a really good workout recently. I picked up the Spyro Reignited Trilogy when it was released on the 13th of November and have been playing it constantly ever since*. It is GREAT.

*That may be a slight exaggeration given that I have also been reading. And blogging. And eating. And sleeping. 

If you didn't know, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is an updated and remastered version of the three original Spyro games from back in the day, similar to the re-release of the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy last year. I loved the Crash games but I think I might love Spyro even more!

I prefer Spyro's more open style of gameplay: although each level has a definite beginning and end, it's more circular so there's a lot more freedom to wander around at your own will. Most of the levels don't even have to be completed sequentially! I've actually finished the first two games already and now I'm about ready to tackle the third instalment!

- - -

#amcurrently // thinking about...


Tomorrow is the 1st of December, which means it's officially CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!!!


  • In my family, we have a rule that Christmas doesn't begin until December, so tomorrow is when we'll put up our tree and all the decorations!
  • Or rather, it's when I will put up our tree and decorations, because, let's be honest, no one else cares about it nearly as much as I do.
  • It also means that it's finally an appropriate time to start watching holiday movies! I can't even tell you how excited I am for Netflix's sequel to The Christmas Prince
  • Although, I may or may not have already watched The Princess Switch last week...
  • (It was ridiculous but also SO great, in case you were curious!)
  • BUT I can't relax just yet – I still need to finalise my Christmas shopping!
  • Choosing gifts is honestly the most difficult thing. Will mum like this fragrance? Does dad need a new pair of socks?
  • IT'S SO HARD.
  • Also, every time you go to the shops in December I swear you take your life into your own hands. It's an absolute zoo.
  • Only zoo animals are more polite and less dangerous.
  • And don't get me started on the screaming children.
- - -

So, on that note, I think now's a good time to wrap up this post. Leave me a comment and tell me all about what you've been up to (and what you've been reading!) in the month of November! Are you ready for Christmas? Or does all your Christmas prep happen on the 24th of December??


Niamh, xo.

Comments

  1. I'm doing my last round of Christmas gift shopping this weekend, because I don't dare set foot in any store for the duration of the month. It's good to plan ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan! I went shopping today but unfortunately didn't manage to get everything I was looking for so I'll have to go back and face the chaos all over again!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm also wondering where November went! It sped by so quickly.

    I hope you enjoy reading The Hate U Give. Are you planning (or have you already?) see the film version of it as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED The Hate U Give!!! I finally understand all the hype surrounding it and it's so so deserved! I haven't seen the film yet (as I wanted to read the book first) but now I'm even more excited to watch it!

      Delete
  3. ...I really want to know where 2018 went! Seems like only yesterday it began.

    Three cheers for all the Christmas movies! They're my seasonal favorite. Also, someday I plan to read Marissa Meyer's books. Someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel! Yes! Christmas movies are definitely one of my favourite things about this time of year! I love just having them on in the background while I do other things.

      Delete

Post a Comment