The Twelve Days of Christmas // Tag


With Christmas now only a few days away, what could be more appropriate than a fun, festive-filled tag?!

The Twelve Days of Christmas Book Tag is based on the song of the same name and the aim is to select a book that fits the theme of each line of the song.

So without further ado (and with very little context), let's commence! 

The Twelve Days of Christmas Book Tag was originally created by Ashley @ Falling Down the Book Hole and I was tagged by Dinara @ Dinara Tengri.

- - -
"On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: a partridge in a pear tree."
The partridge stood alone in the pear tree. What is your favourite standalone?

19174917
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

- - -
"On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: two turtle doves."
Love is in the air! Who is your OTP?

36162553
Zuzana and Mik from Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor

- - -
"On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: three French hens."
In the spirit of threes, what is the best trilogy you have read?

6053292
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

- - -
"On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: four calling birds."
Since series usually consist of four or more books, what is your favourite series?

23164819       8688066       24851136       23598679       32718466
All of The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare (I know this is kind of cheating, shh!)

- - -
"On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: five golden rings."
One ring to rule them all! Who is your favourite villain/antagonist?

 827968
Mrs Coulter from Northern Lights by Philip Pullman

- - -
"On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: six geese a laying."
Creation is a beautiful thing. What is your favourite world?

72193
The Wizarding World from the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling

- - -
"On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: seven swans a swimming."
Who needs seven swans when all it takes is one good animal sidekick to make a hero rock! Who is your favourite animal sidekick?

1393280
Sapphira from Eragon by Christopher Paolini because DRAGONS!

- - -
"On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: eight maids a milking."
Milk is so 18th Century! Which book takes food/beverages to a whole new level?

838892
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl is an obvious choice

- - -
"On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: nine ladies dancing."
Dancing is just one skill of a lady! Who is your favourite kickass female lead?

763588
Anne from Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery

- - -
"On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: ten lords a leaping."
Leaping lords? Who is your favourite leading lad?

6456514
Will from Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan

- - -
"On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: eleven pipers piping."
Where would we be without music? What is your favourite book or bookish thing that deals with music?

6990472
If I Stay by Gayle Forman really resonated with the strings player in me

- - -
"On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: twelve drummers drumming."
Drum roll, please... What is your favourite read of this year?

30969076
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

- - -

I'm not going to tag anyone specifically because it's so close to Christmas now, BUT if you'd like to get involved, consider yourself tagged!

Have you participated in The Twelve Days of Christmas Book Tag? Or another fun holiday-themed tag? If you have, leave a link to your post in the comments below so I can check it out! It's never too early to start getting inspiration for next year!


Niamh, xo.

Comments

  1. Tag! I love your picks. The Hunger Games is one of my fav trilogies, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dinara! THG is basically a modern-day classic at this point!

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun tag! Fangirl *nods* love that book. Great pick. And The Hunger Games is awesome. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a favorite of mine growing up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg! Fangirl was a recent read for me but it quickly became a favourite!

      Delete

Post a Comment