Books I meant to read in 2018 // Top Ten Tuesday


Every year, no matter how much I read, there are always books that fall by the wayside. Books that I start but never get around to finishing and ones that I never pick up in the first place. 2018 was no exception.

I began last year with great intentions: to read every day, limit my book-buying habit, and focus on the books already on my TBR. I didn't exactly fail at any of those goals (although I DEFINITELY could have done better!) but there were a lot of books that I meant to read and just... didn't.

Here are ten books that I should have read in 2018 (and will hopefully read this year): 

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl, with a new topic to respond to every week. 

- - -

33844385
1. Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh

- - -

25985241
2. Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray

- - -

36389267
3. A Thousand Perfect Notes by C. G. Drews

- - -

38423521
4. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody

- - -

26047310
5. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton

- - -

834702
6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

- - -

13519397
7. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

- - -

9329354
8. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

- - -

35111722
9. The Undercurrent by Paula Weston

- - -

17415470
10. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

- - -

Let's chat! What books did you mean to read in 2018? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, which should I prioritise in 2019? Leave me a comment and a link to your TTT so I can check out your list as well! 


Niamh, xo.

Comments

  1. I think The Undercurrent sounds really good! Hope you get a chance to read some (or all) of these in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I really hope so, too! I'm going to make a concentrated effort to reduce my TBR this year and these books are at the top of the list!

      Delete
  2. Don't feel bad about the books you didn't read. Feel good about the one you did! I am toying with giving A Throne of Glass and Rebel of the Saints a try. Maybe Kite Runner, too, but I don't think could get through "that" scene. Here's my TTT: https://dinaratengri.com/2019/01/books-i-meant-to-read-in-2018-but-didnt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a much more positive way of looking at things! If you do try those books, let me know what you think!

      Delete
  3. I liked The King Runner a lot. Hope you do, too.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard amazing things about it and it's been on my TBR ever since I read (and loved) A Thousand Splendid Suns almost ten years ago!

      Delete
  4. I love the cover for A Thousand Perfect Notes. Hope it's a good read.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just gorgeous?! Cait just revealed the cover of her next book (out in April) and it's just as stunning! I'm hoping I can read both this year!

      Delete
  5. Some great books on this list, I hope you enjoy them!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/22/top-ten-tuesday-195/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before the Devil Breaks You got my attention since the moment I read about it. Throne of Glass is also a series I need to start as soon as possible. Hope you enjoy all your 2019 reads!

    https://bookishtreats.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm low-key terrified to read Before the Devil Breaks You. I listened to the first two via audiobook and they're brilliantly narrated but so spooky! Hopefully we can both read the Throne of Glass series this year!

      Delete
  7. The 5th Wave was a great book (although I didn't care for the sequels as much). Last year I got to read Flame in the Mist, Throne of Glass, and Ace of Shades and they were good. I still have to read A Thousand Perfect Notes though! Hope we get to them this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ace of Shades was one of my most-anticipated releases last year so I'm hoping to get to it before the sequel is released! I'm also planning to read the entire Throne of Glass series this year, so wish me luck!

      Delete

Post a Comment