my audiobook TBR pile // Top Ten Tuesday


Somehow another week has passed us by and it's time for a new Top Ten Tuesday post! Today's topic is "The Ten Most Recent Additions to My To-Read List" but I've decided to do something a little bit different...

If you're a regular visitor to this blog, you'll know that at the end of every month, I do a wrap-up post including any new books I acquire during that month. However, I often forget to include audiobooks that I borrow from the library. So rather than just repeating myself and listing the books I received for Christmas (because I've barely bought any since then!), today I'm sharing my current audio reads and a few that are next on my to-read list! 

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl, with a new topic to respond to every week.

- - -


~ currently reading ~

So I'm currently kind of reading three audiobooks... I started listening to Sinner earlier this month but unfortunately, my library loan expired so I haven't been able to finish it yet. Then I couldn't decide between Autoboyography and All the Crooked Saints so now I'm alternating between the two. 

28919058
1. Autoboyography by Christina Lauren


18406862
2. Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #4) by Maggie Stiefvater


30025336
3. All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater


- - -


~ series to continue ~

I've been meaning to continue The Diviners series for a while now but, to be honest, I'm low-key terrified to keep reading. I think I'll save it for Halloween... Conversely, I can't wait to get my hands on The Burning Maze but the audiobook isn't available at my library yet! In the meantime, I'm planning to binge the rest of the Alex Rider series after reading the first book, Stormbreaker, on a complete whim the other day. 

25985241
4. Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners #3) by Libba Bray


28446860
5. Point Blanc (Alex Rider #2) by Anthony Horowitz


36518231
6. The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo #3) by Rick Riordan


- - -


~ new series ~

And after I finish all those other books/series, there's just a few more I'm planning on listening to via audiobook:

30095464
7. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco


17234658
8. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray


28962906
9. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco


39722196
10. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir


- - -

What books have you recently added to your TBR pile? Do you listen to audiobooks? If so, what one(s) are you currently reading? Let me know in the comments below and leave a link to your TTT so I can check it out!


Niamh, xo.

Comments

  1. Maggie's books are among those I continuously see hyped on various lists or on Twitter, but I've never read one by her. As for audiobooks, I rarely if ever listen to them, but the two I did listen to last year, I enjoyed, so perhaps I should try to listen to a few more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed The Raven Cycle but I found the Wolves of Mercy Falls series (at least the original trilogy) kind of meh. Not sure about All the Crooked Saints yet! I started listening to audiobooks a bit over a year ago and probably half of my reading is now via audio! I get motion sickness so it's great to be able to read whilst in the car or on the bus.

      Delete
  2. A great selection of books! I've been a bit hit and miss with Maggie Stiefvater, but I'd be willing to try her work again. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll give Maggie's work a second chance and enjoy it more in the future!

      Delete
  3. A thousand Pieces of You looks good, I've liked the Claudia Gray stuff I've read. And the Apollo books look fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not read any of Claudia Gray's work before so this will be my first. I think The Trials of Apollo may be my favourite Rick Riordan series yet!!

      Delete
  4. The Apollo book is a great adventure and the narrator does a great job! I hope you enjoy it.
    My TTT for this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first two books so I'm super excited to see what happens next! I agree, the narrator is brilliant!

      Delete
  5. Lots of great picks. I believe I've heard good things about the Stalking Jack audio book series.

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard that the narrator does a great job!

      Delete
  6. I'm trying to get more into audiobooks, I used to like them when I was younger, but I kind of fell out of them.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/29/top-ten-tuesday-196/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to listen to them all the time as a child (back in the days of tape cassettes!) but I recently found out I could borrow digital copies from my library and it's great! Without them, I'd never be able to read as much as I do!

      Delete
  7. I've never listened to fantasy on audiobook before! Gotta give it a try. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that that fantasies can sometimes be a bit tricky to follow on audio, particularly high fantasies, so I'd recommend starting with a book you're familiar with or a "lower" fantasy. And the narrator is also super important! A bad narrator can really ruin a story.

      Delete
  8. I really like the audiobook for Sinner! I'm not sure if that's because that was how I read it first, but I just think the voice actors were really well cast and do a really good job! Hope you get a chance to finish listening to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was enjoying it before my copy was snatched away! But it's on hold again so hopefully I will be able to finish it soon!

      Delete
  9. Many of these are on my TBR, but I haven't read yet. I tried reading both Bone Witch and Stalking Jack the Ripper and just haven't been able to get into them, though I'm not giving up on them yet, lol.

    https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/29/top-ten-tuesday-196/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's worth giving the audiobooks a go! Or the physical books, if you've already tried them on audio. I hope we'll both enjoy them!

      Delete
  10. The Bone Witch and Stalking Jack the Ripper are both really good. I hope you end up enjoying these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about both so I'm really looking forward to eventually reading both of them!

      Delete
  11. Ooh, I loved An Ember in the Ashes! I hope you do too. I haven't read anything by Maggie Stiefvater yet, but hopefully this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on my TBR for a while but I just haven't gotten around to it yet – hopefully soon! I hope you like Maggie's books!

      Delete

Post a Comment