New-to-me authors in 2018 // Top Ten Tuesday


Not only did I read a lot of books in 2018, but I also discovered quite a few new favourite authors!

Some of these authors I adored from the very first page and others had to really work for my love. But either way, these ten authors and their books have ensnared my heart forevermore!

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl, with a new topic to respond to every week.

- - -

37772713
1. Holly Black

This was my first Holly Black book but I can safely say that it won't be my last!

- - -

30336056       35492492
2. Cath Crowley

Words in Deep Blue and Take Three Girls were both unexpected favourites of 2018, so it's only fitting that Cath Crowley is included in this list.

- - -

30763950
3. Emily Henry

Emily Henry's lyrical prose is haunting and beautiful and I can't get enough!

- - -

30969076       34696801       36998210
4. Jay Kristoff

For me, 2018 was the year of Jay Kristoff and 2019 is shaping up to be no different!

- - -

36544848       40742905       40221509
5. Mackenzi Lee

I need more stories about the Montague siblings!

- - -

32334268       34100652
6. Jodi McAlister

Valentine is one of my new favourite urban fantasy series and I can't wait to read more of Jodi's stories in the future!

- - -

23573418
7. Jandy Nelson

I can't believe it took me four years to pick up this gem! It was beautiful and NEED to read The Sky is Everywhere as soon as possible!

- - -

23569787
8. Lynette Noni

Akarnae is full of everything that I love about YA fantasy and I can't wait to read the rest of the series!

- - -

17162156       23164983
9. Ransom Riggs

I didn't quite manage to get to City of Souls, but the mysteriousness and clever use of multimedia in the Miss Peregrine trilogy cemented Ransom Riggs as one of my favourite new discoveries of 2018.

- - -

38143401
10. Angie Thomas

I will read anything that Angie writes from now until I take my dying breath.

- - -

Which authors did you fall in love with in 2018? Any that I've included in my list? Let me know in the comments below and leave a link to your TTT so I can discover even more new favourite authors in 2019! 


Niamh, xo.

Comments

  1. Holly Black is definitely an author I'm going to try in 2019, and hopefully soon. I've seen so many good things about the Cruel Prince I can't wait to read it.

    I remember hearing good things about A Million Junes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy The Cruel Prince! I'm about to start The Wicked King very shortly!

      Delete
  2. Jandy Nelson is such a great author. I'm glad you discovered her in 2018. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! She's definitely an auto-buy author for me now!

      Delete
  3. Holly Black was new to me last year too. I loved The Cruel Prince so much that I pre-ordered The Wicked King. Now The Queen of Nothing won't come soon enough!

    I think A Million Junes is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I didn't realise the third book had a title yet! How exciting! I can't wait!

      Delete
  4. I've seen Holly Black on a lot of "best of" lists lately. Makes me kind of curios :)

    Here's my TTT: https://dinaratengri.com/2019/01/top-ten-authors-i-discovered-in-2018/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cruel Prince was definitely one of the most hyped books of 2018!

      Delete
  5. What did you like most about The Cruel Prince?

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved books about faeries! But I particularly enjoyed the heavy political aspect of the plot and how dark and twisty everything was!

      Have you read it? And did you like it?

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of these authors yet, but I am excited to be introduced to the Montague siblings this year as Gentleman's Guide is on my 2019 TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/15/top-ten-tuesday-194/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love Monty and Felicity just as much as I do!

      Delete
  7. This is a great list, I have a lot of these books on my TBR already.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy them when you read them yourself!

      Delete
  8. I'll Give You the Sun is SO GOOD. I also read LIFEL1K3 last year and really enjoyed it!

    My TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Totally surpassed all my expectations! And I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens in DEV1AT3 now!

      Delete

Post a Comment