favourite couples in books // top ten tuesday


When it comes to romance in books, I can either take it or leave it. If it's done well, I'll eagerly jump on that 'ship, but if it's not... er, what's the point?! That being said, I'm a sucker for both fun, cutesy relationships and angsty, drama-filled romances alike. In fact, the more extreme the better!

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is "Favourite Couples in Books", and with Valentine's Day just around the corner, it's the perfect time for some swoon-worthy GIFs! (I had so much fun putting this post together!) 

So without further ado (and in no particular order), here are my favourite bookish couples! 

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl, with a new topic to respond to every week.

- - -


1. Magnus and Alec from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

- - -

19174917
2. Cath and Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

- - -


3. Alice and Jasper from The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

- - -

36544848
4. Monty and Percy from The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee

- - -


5. Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

- - -

763588
6. Anne and Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery

- - -


7. Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

- - -

36162553
8. Zuzana and Mik from Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor

- - -

Image result for love simon ferris wheel gif
9. Simon and Blue from Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

- - -

24851136
10. Cristina, Mark and Kieran from The Dark Artifices by Cassandra Clare

- - -

Do you like reading about romance? Or do you prefer books that focus on platonic relationships? And do we share any favourite fictional couples? Let's chat! Don't forget to leave a link to your TTT so I can sneak a peek at your list as well! 


Niamh, xo.

Comments

  1. Amazing list! Like... are we the same person? Because I adore so many of these ships haha! Especially Magnus and Alec. I still need to catch up on the Shadowhunters books but seriously, they are the most precious, soft little beans and I love them. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha maybe we are! I can't wait for Magnus and Alec to take centre stage in The Eldest Curses series!

      Delete
  2. Anne and Gilbert are forever and always a must OTP. This reminds me, someday I should try and read the books, because I'm 99% sure I haven't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness you have to read the books, they're so beautiful! But I absolutely love Megan Follows' and Jonathan Crombie's portrayals of the characters in the 1985 tv miniseries!

      Delete
  3. Alice and Jasper! Great choice. I hadn't thought of them. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so much better than Bella/Edward or Bella/Jacob! It would have been great to have a book about them instead!

      Delete
  4. Cath and Levi yay!! And of course Kat and Peeta too. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are pretty awesome - for not having read the books I have loved their dynamic in all the different TV adaptations I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have to read the book! But yes, the adaptations do an excellent job of bringing the two characters to life! (My favourite is the BBC miniseries starring Colin Firth.)

      Delete
  5. I like Katniss and Peeta but totally forgot about them when putting my list together.
    Fangirl is on my TBR... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read Fangirl recently after having it on my TBR for years but I would whole-heartedly recommend it!

      Delete
  6. Katniss and Peeta are a great choice.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they're a pretty popular choice!

      Delete
  7. I love Katniss and Peeta and Zuzana and Mik too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/top-ten-tuesday-198/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad to find a fellow lover of Zuzanna and Mik!

      Delete
  8. Anne and Gilbert were on my list this week as well.

    And A+ on your gif usage!

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I tried to find a good one of Anne and Gil but alas I could not :(

      Delete
  9. Yeah, romance in books doesn't do much for me either, with a few exceptions. I'm more of a TV-shipping kind of gal. I just finished Pride and Prejudice, btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! Same! I get SUPER invested in TV ships! Did you like P&P???

      Delete
  10. I do like Cath and Levi, and Anne and Gilbert were good together too. I haven't read those books in years, although I inherited my Grandma's entire set (the ones I read when I was a kid).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's really lovely! Anne of Green Gables is possibly my absolute favourite series so I'd love to be able to have a sentimental set like that!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Yess! They seem to be a really popular choice this week!

      Delete

Post a Comment